Please join us in continuing to provide life saving care to mothers and children internationally by giving generously. MaterCare operates solely on your charitable donations with no assistance from government agencies.
MaterCare has been endorsed by many highly reguarded international figures, including:
His Holiness, Pope Francis
STATEMENT FROM MATERCARE INTERNATIONAL
RE: 2014 WHO/UNICEF SPONSORED TETANUS VACCINATION PROGRAMME IN KENYA
1. The Kenyan Catholic Medical Association and the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops acting in good faith on the evidence presented to them, fulfilling their pastoral duty, have alleged that Tetanus vaccine used in Kenya has been laced with hCG hormone as part of a covert population control measure (1,2)
2. The Kenya situation mimics what happened in the mid 1990’s in the Philippines, Mexico, Peru, Nicaragua and Tanzania (3). Independent testing of vaccine samples in several reputable laboratories in the 1990’s found no evidence of hCG. The “positive” reactions reported in other laboratories were due to non- specific binding to unknown materials of no biological or immunological significance at levels way below the discrimination threshold of the assay system used. In one such test tap water showed “positivity”for hCG. (4)
3. The basis for these recurring allegations goes back to the development of contraceptive vaccines back in the 1970s-80s, by WHO, but development never went beyond a Phase 1 trial, because of an anti-vaccine campaign by a powerful feminist advocacy movement initiated in the Netherlands, and because WHO funding was being diverted from contraceptive development into maternal health and HIV-AIDS. Consequently WHO withdrew from further research. However, Prof Pran Talwar in India in the 1970-80s developed an hCG containing vaccine, linked to tetanus toxoid as a carrier to improve immunogenicity. This vaccine went into Phase 2 trials with variable results. The dose of hCG contained in the immunising regime of 3 injection was 80-160 micrograms. (5) This is massive compared to what was purportedly found in the recent Kenya vaccine samples (6)
4. The validity of the vaccine assays performed in the 5 laboratories in Kenya is questionable for 2 reasons: the assays were valid for human serum and not vaccine, and the substance they detected (which is not hCG) varied by a factor of 4000 times between laboratories.
5. Even if the substance assayed was hCG, the levels were so minute that there is no way this could produce antibody levels with a contraceptive effect. (6)
6. If tetanus toxoid vaccines given to millions of women in many countries was capable of causing infertility there would by now be ample demographic data to confirm this. We know of no such data.
7. WHO and UNICEF are intensively regulated organisations mandated to improve the physical and social well-being of women and children throughout the world. They are, therefore, unlikely to be involved in giving a contraceptive vaccine disguised as a tetanus vaccine. This would amount to a gross violation of human rights as per the Nuremberg principles and could be submitted to the International Criminal Court in the Hague.
8. The language used and the accusations in Kenya are almost identical to the 1990’s scenarios. There appears to have been an unfortunate re-cycling of inaccurate information.
9. MaterCare believes the best solution is for the Kenyan authorities to communicate directly with the WHO in Geneva to offer support and encouragement to expeditiously test samples supervised by both parties in independent, reputable and competent laboratories. Once the absence of hCG is unequivocally confirmed, a public statement and campaign of support for the immunization programme will be necessary to minimize the potential for further damage.
10. To allay fears in the future WHO should officially certify that all vaccines do not contain any substance with contraceptive properties through a process of randomly testing all future batches for hCG.
11. Once the purity of the tetanus vaccine used in Kenya has been confirmed, there will be no need to test previously vaccinated women for hCG antibodies. Vaccinated women suffering from infertility or recurrent miscarriage should be thoroughly investigated for all causes.
1. Mosher S. Who’s Behind the Program to Sterilize Kenya Woman Without Their Consent? Weekly briefing. Population Research Institute. 14 November 2014
2. Gennarini S. C-FAM Exclusive: UNICEF Denies Sneaking Birth Control Into Tetanus Vaccines. 13 November 2014
3. Milstein J et al. Damage to Immunization Programmes from Misinformation on Contraceptive Vaccines. Reproductive health Matters Number 6.1995:24-28.
4. Press Release WHO/56 and Page 2 Who/55 19 July 1995
5. Talwar GP et al. The HSD-hCG vaccine prevents pregnancy in woman: feasibility study of a reversible safe contraceptive vaccine. Am J Reprod Immuno. 1997;37 (2):153-60
6. Personal Communications from the Health Department of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops.
7. Personal communication from Dr Warren Jones, Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University of South Australia, Bedford Park 5042, South Australia
Dr R. L. Walley
Founder and Executive Director, MaterCare International
Professor Emeritus, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Elvis Seman
Chair, MaterCare Australia
Head of Urogynaecology, Flinders Medical Centre
Senior Lecturer (honorary, Flinders University, South Australia
Dr Bogdan Chazan
Chair, MaterCare Poland
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology